Singapore Math, hands down!

Everyday Math is not usually supplemented in the schools, though it really needs to be. In my experience (teaching with this curriculum in a 3rd grade classroom many years ago) it was time intensive, which limited my ability to supplement. This is a program that spirals, so there's lots of repetition and no mastering expected the first/second time a topic is introduced. This curriculum introduces a lot of math vocabulary and requires kids to write about how to solve problems. Teachers are encouraged to allow kids to come up with their own techniques for solving problems. In my experience, kids who use this curriculum in school are weak in their knowledge of various algorithms and math facts. The math games can be fun. Each chapter in the teacher's manual includes tips for differentiation for both advanced and struggling students. FYI the differentiation suggestions are best for students who are only slightly advanced/behind. When I used this curriculum I was very frustrated with that and, realizing how many of my students were being shortchanged, I ended up using three grade levels of the curriculum (ability grouping). It was very difficult to manage that.

I use Singapore Primary Math now that I homeschool my two oldest kids. Primary Math introduces several methods for each new math skill. SM does offer review with additional workbooks like Challenging Word Problems, Extra Practice, and Intensive Practice. The Intensive Practice workbooks bring up the topic in new, interesting, and challenging ways and offer a variety of Math Competition style problems in the "Take the Challenge" section in each chapter. Mental math is a major skill featured. This was a good thing for my child (for whom it did not come easily). The way Singapore's curricula introduce solving word problems is second to none. The Primary Math curriculum was what was being used in Singapore when their kids came out tops in the last two international math competitions (The US was at about the 50th %ile, I believe.) The state of Massachusetts, whom many believe to be leading the US in math competency in the public schools, is home to many public schools currently using the Singapore Math curriculum.

There are several math curricula offered for sale at www.singaporemath.com including the newer California standards version. This version has added topics like negative numbers and probability which were missing from the previous versions of Primary Math avaialable for sale in the US.

We use base-10 blocks and an abacus when introducing new topics here at our house. There are tons of game ideas included in the teacher's manual, too. My kids have enjoyed those we've tried.

Here's a good review of the curriculum:
http://www.sonlight.com/singapore.html (scroll down to the bottom of the page for more specific information)