Hi, everyone

I posted a few months back and greatly appreciated all the advice and thoughtful comments. Now I need some more of those!I know some of you must have had similar experiences and I need your words of wisdom.
I have two wonderful daughters, ages 5 and 6. When we applied for private school, we were shocked that they both had trouble with the very basic screening process.(We still don't understand why) My oldest DD has always appeared bright and exhibited many of the signs of giftedness.
When we had her tested, I was somewhat surprised that her FSIQ was 120. Upon doing some research, her score would be 130 if you calculated the GAI or the DWI...(I hope I'm using the correct terminology) She has perfectionist tendencies and some signs of anxiety if she is not SURE of the answer to something, and I mean SURE. The child will not guess. Her score on the Processing Speed Index was only 8 for each subtest of coding & symbol search. So this really lowered her FSIQ. The psychologist said perfectionist tendencies can definately affect this score. Anyway, this was all fine with us, we are just happy to have a healthy, normal child.

Well, I had to have my younger DD tested. She is a perfectly normal child, seems bright, but has not exibited any signs of giftedness. The psychologist told me younger sibs were typically just behind the first born. So I was expecting an IQ right around 120 or slightly lower. I was shocked to get her results. I never expected this. Her FSIQ is 143.

Here is my question: I really think DD #1 is AT LEAST as bright as DD#2. What do you all make of this? If their IQs are really that far apart, wouldn't I have noticed? Have you all had such spread amongst sibs, & if so, could you tell the difference? I really think I'll have DD#1 retested next year. Any advice or thoughts wll be GREATLY appreciated.