Originally Posted by Mia
ds wrote, "Dear Mama, Thank you for this school." Awww! laugh

smile That is so sweet. This is what all the fighting and second-guessing and worry are about... You should definitely pat yourself on the back for finding a school situation that makes him this happy. laugh

I'd be very surprised if the school even looks at the TAKS testing, since it's not based on their curriulum. I'm hoping if it goes to due process that a hearing officer will, though. Since our district wouldn't test the limits, we had to use *something*. <<shrug>> I figured the standards must at least match up a little.

And Linda, I'm in the same mode as you were with now wanting more for DS than I would have accepted to begin with. Not sure if it's the best attitude, but what I would have agreed for in that first meeting (not much) is not enough now. I want what the law says he should get.

I can't imagine a situation where resentment towards me for filing would be taken out on my kid. That would be just awful. Does it make a difference that our district is gigantic? I'd be interested in hearing about specific scenarios that you folks know about so I can factor this into my decision. The thought really scares me... eek