Hi NCMom,
First of all, good luck and welcome to the Boards. I've been in a situation similar to yours with both my children but I'll get to that in a minute...

Congrats on DS's scores! If you haven't done so already, do go online and apply for the Davidson Young Scholars' Program. It is a lengthy application but you'll find it is well worth it in the long run.

There was a post here a few months ago on language immersion. Several folks have said that it works for GT children but will fall short after a few years when the GT child will need more challenge.

As far as the options you have presented, apply everywhere you can...
LI magnet
charter

You can always choose to go back to your home school so that really shouldn't be a choice - even if you try the charter or the LI magnet, your home school has to take you, even mid year.

That being said, the KG teachers are fabulous at the Charter. It would be my first choice for KG, at least. The other option you haven't mentioned is the HG/GT program offered by the public schools. I've sent you a private message with links to the public HG/GT program.

Above all, be flexible. Something might work for a few years and then you might have to reconsider the schooling issue all over again...

Do send me a PM if you have any specific questions.

Last edited by momx2; 01/23/09 06:27 AM. Reason: clarity