Thanks for the responses. In answer to your questions:

The evaluation over the summer was done by a private psychologist because the school would not test him until around Thanksgiving. Based on his previous school experience, I was not willing to wait that long nor did I trust the school to do a complete evaluation. I have read the Misdiagnosis and Dual Diagnosies of Gifted Children and Adults and think that is raises alot of good points. I will pick up the Mislabled Child from the library soon, thanks!
Having done a lot of reading of any books and articles I could find especially the Hoagies site and SENG, I fought the ADHD label for 4 years believing that the bigger issue was challenging him appropriately in school. After some appalling school experiences last Spring, the Pediatrician basically refused to provide us with a referral to private testing unless we tried ADHD medications first. From April-July, we tried 3 different ADHD medications for about a month each. Every single medication made his behaviors dramatically worse and his emotions were a non-stop rollercoaster. At that point, we were able to get a referral to see a clinical Child Psychiatrist who based on our interview with him, has more experience with Gifted children than anyone else we interviewed over the past 4 years. He was also able to establish a good relationship with our son.

The recent testing included the WISC4, Object assembly subtest of the WISC3, WJ3-COG,WJ3-ACH, Beery Test of Visual Motor Integration, Development History Checklist, Children�s Problems Checklist, BASC2, ADHD rating scale, Home Situations Questionaires, Differential Diagnostic Criteria Checklist and a Family History Checklist. On the WISC4 his Verbal Comprehension was 132, Perceptual Reasoning was 133, Working Memory was 94, and Processing Speed was 109. The formal report is very much geared to suggesting that the school providing gifted services for our son.

About 2 years ago we also did a full OT evaluation which came back that he has several Areas of concern. Primarily, core muscle control, fine motor skills and some sensitivity to noise and light but he is a sensory seeker type. We have had him in OT now for 2 years but he really doesn�t seem to make much progress . We also have The Sensory Child has fun and do lots of those activities at home. I also keep the weighted blanket on hand and he has a move/sit cushion on his chair for homework time.

My back pocket option for him is to home school. We have explored all of the private schools, charter schools and Montessori schools within an hour driving distance and right now the Public schools are willing to do the most for him. However, I�m not sure I have the patience to teach him. Just getting him through homework wears us both out.

Another note, at this time, we do not have him on any Medications. We are pursuing a second opinion about the Bi-Polar and ADHD diagnosis before medicating. The medications frankly scare me. However, Bi-Polar does run in our family so�.

Again, thank you for your responses, concern and aid.