Hi.

I know it is not this easy in most cases, but I wanted to let you know that once we removed our daughter from the public school without walls where she was extremely under-challenged, her afternoon temper flares, which she reserved exclusively for her brother and me, subsided. She has highly significant phonological perception and discrimination deficits, but no formal diagnosis as it hasn�t seemed to be a problem since her grade skip to a private school (with walls) 6 years ago. My point is that a more appropriate environment may considerably minimize the issues.

I would also like to echo Willa Gayle and Debbie in that you should look outside of the school district for an assessment and be cautious what you share with a school that may be inclined to adopt the perspective that your son is defective rather than recognize that the school environment may be inappropriate (and should be altered).

I believe your son�s scores are quite high for a 2E kid! What were his verbal and non-verbal subtest scores on the WISC IV?