Mia's right. DS4 cried every time I left him at pre-K for MONTHS. But by the time I was away from the door, he was over it, and he loved school, the other kids, his teachers, painting, swnging, etc. Crying at the door usually means NOTHING, and the quickest way to get them over it is to disengage QUICKLY! Leave! Get out and don't come back until the end of the day. The more seriously you take the tears, the longer they will last. Be calm, cool, and collected. Be happy that she's going to have such a fun day! Give the teachers time to earn your child's trust; the only way that will happen is if you go away!

And if *you're* going to cry, save it for when your child can't see you. wink

Also, BTW, this has been a lifesaver for me with my sensitive kid: remember that no child has ever cried to death! If the child is just sad, s/he'll get over it. If the child is hurt and crying, well, of course that's another story. If the school is a bad fit and the child is generally miserable all the time, that's a problem. But a child's crying strictly because mom is leaving, and the kid then goes on to have a good school day? Well, that is not something that should distress you one iota!

Remember, kids adapt. If the school is a good fit and the only issue is separation anxiety, then the best thing to do is to let the child have the chance to get over the anxiety. The only way to do that is to leave! (And come back at the end of the day, of course...)

Kriston