What is interesting is that he seems to be doing great lately, that is why it surprises me. He was "kicked out" of his first pre-k this year after less than a month, now he has been in a new one for 2 months and he seems to be doing well there behaviorally. They understand him pretty well and are trying to work with him to challenge him some, but have told me that that he is way above the other children and does seem to get bored during circle time (which the teacher says she completely understands). I don't think the program is at all challenging for him 80% of the time, but they do a few things with him that are challenging on occasion and he gets to jump around and play in their gym which he loves. So we have been considering Montessori and making a switch (the director keeps calling me and asking me to try him there), but we didn't feel good about another transition this year. I would just like him to be able to stay somewhere and make relationships without being thrown all around. So we had pretty much decided that since his behavior was pretty good he wasn't too distressed and he seems to like pre-k in what he says (although many days he says he doesn't want to talk about pre-k...but my theory is that the conversation bores him). So now he goes and says "I'm tired of being me" in the context of preschool and it is making us reconsider. Not that being in montessori will help him fit in more, but still. (sigh).... just when I think there will be a moment of calm I go and question my decision to keep him there.