Oh, of course they did!! Every time!! First we changed schools (that was last Oct.), then we met with the principal at the new school, she suggested a teacher change and then she (the principal) took time to work with DD 2x a week on language arts and math!!

This year, her teacher is so creative that even in the midst of emotional upheavals, she seems to "get my dd" and pushes her and yet only grades her on typical 3rd grade work. So, her report card reflects all "A" but the "above and beyond" is not included in those scores. DD is a perfectionist and getting a "C" because she was exploring something new and not being great is hard for her. The teacher so "gets dd", we are having a great year. When ever we have an issue or a question, the response is within 24 hours and there seems to be a great solution!

I like that the teacher will approach DD when I e-mail an issue. She is encouraging in a manner that allows dd to be part of the solution and take me out of the middle. I've seem some positive changes in dds ability to self advocate!