hmmmm...interesting. MrWiggly did not have lots of scatter on testing. He just scored low on working memory - above age level but relatively lower compared to everything else. He fits some of that description about seeming to forget previously known information (like math facts and such) but I wonder if that's because it just isn't "cemented" as his math teacher says now.

I just got an email from his 3rd grade teacher saying that yesterday he was given a packet of english worksheets (reviews on plurals and capitalizations)which he delayed getting started on, told the substitute teacher he didn't know what to do on it and then scribbled all over it and wrote "forget about this" on the bottom of a worksheet. The teacher (who was absent yesterday afternoon and so not there for the incident) finds this last bit of behavior "upsetting" and is making MrWiggly stay in from recess to complete the packet today and sending a copy of the "forget about this" worksheet home for us to see. Clearly this has nothing to do with not really hearing the instructions!

I do believe we fooled ourselves into thinking the current situation was actually going to work all school year! I suppose a change is needed sooner rather than later.

Thanks for the info about CAPD and how the label was not so helpful. I think perhaps treating the symptoms is a more logical approach, whatever we decide the actual problem!