Hi -- I'm new to this forum and I hope that I have been posting topics and replies correctly.

We are considering home schooling our 9 year old son (DS9). He has been radically accelerated in school and is currently 9 and in 7th/8th grade at the Jr. High. Academically it is going OK (some classes still too easy), but peer (and sometimes teacher/administrator) interaction leaves something to be desired. We also feel that the general atmosphere of a Jr. High is too much and is too stressful for a 9 year old, not to mention the homework load.

We are hoping that homeschooling might allow DS9's pace of life to slow down. He often has so much homework right now that he doesn't have time to be free, play and just think!

Our thinking is to homeschool him at least for a few years until he matures some and then determine either to continue homeschooling or have him placed at the appropriate level in high school or high school/college.

Does this make sense? I guess what I'm asking is, "Is it feasible to think of him as a very advanced homeschooled 4th grader, rather than a 7th/8th grader?" Is there any problem with this and re-entry into the public school system?

Thanks,

Julie