The thing is, he is super happy with the kids, but does not always respond appropriately for their ages. (silly behavior as wrote about) I think he may well be better off with older kids and am looking into a school where he can work across age groups currently. He is happy, but the part I think our current teachers were concerned about is that he is not hearing them at times, and also not treating kids their age (exhibiting younger behavior with them and so they were concerned about how this might develop?) FOr me it is painful to see him with kids his age at times because he is acting younger/silly and they are looking at him in a way that just hurts me inside. It is as if he just does not realize that what used to work is not appropriate any more -- however the fact that he gets kids to laugh in group situations likely reinforces these behaviors.
He is able to go off and read when bored if he wants to and we have had some discussions about concerns of boredom - but yes, I do believe that he would be better off in a different setting for sure and am looking to find a fit for him that we also can manage financially. Thank you so much also for your feedback.