I agree about the school ones, we have been trying to stay away from some of those but it seem like so many of these books are set in school (I guess because they assume school aged children are reading them). My DS has acted out some in the preschool setting and I don't want to give him any ideas about things that are comical but not so good (ie: letting a hampster out of it's cage or something). I would imagine he wouldn't do the stuff but I am not at all ready to risk it.

Mr. Putter and Tabby are good. DS still reads them. He still likes some of the easier simple stories. They are cute. The cardboard genius and cupcaked crusader look really neat, unfortunately my library doesn't carry them. I will have to check another local library on-line later when I get a chance.

About the movies, DS doesn't really watch them. I am not sure why, maybe we haven't exposed him to many movies. He has his tv shows he watches, and can make it through parts of movies at times, but that's about it. But I think we may start trying different disney movies.