I am in desperate need of book suggestions for my DS, who turned 4 this summer. The problem is that I don't think there is anything that will challenge him with reading, at least not that he is able to comprehend. So at this point, any type of chapter book or series that is interesting would be good. If there was something like the Junie b. Jones series only for boys that would be good. Right now he is currently reading Runaway Ralph (our first big chapter book). Mostly we read it together but sometimes he reads a chapter on his own. He is also recently into Shel silverstein and reads those on his own as well (for some reason he never wants to read these ones together...unless he finds them particularly funny and then wants me to read them out loud). He likes books like Mr. Putter and Tabby, and Nate the Great, and Henry and Mudge...but we have read them all and they are Way to easy reading for him. He likes the magic school bus, and magic tree house sometimes. But unfortunately even though he can read them... I don't think he comprehends books made for 5th or 6th graders and the content is questionable. We have read a lot of the ones suggested from some of my best friends are books.

Any other suggestions?? We make regular trips to the library so I am up for anything.