Originally Posted by hi_corinna
By the way, St. Pauli Girl what is the exact title of the book reviewed? I haven't been able to find it in Amazon. Thnx.

It is The Development of Giftedness and Talent Across the Life Span
by Frances Degen Horowitz (Editor), Rena F. Subotnik (Editor), Dona J., Ph.D. Matthews (Editor)

Wow, just came back to this after several busy days. What a lot of great comments! I have been operating with a serious lack of sleep, so I don't think I can add anything profound to this discussion. I do need to go back and watch the mark yu video. I stopped before I got to anything dealing with physcial changes in the brain of teenagers. I do think that in the next few years, with all the brain research exploding because of new technologies able to better look at the brain's functioning, we are going to see some new developments in how children learn best. And with luck, these new developments will benefit every child, GT or not. I hope this book touches on some of the research possibilities.

Not having "felt" gifted growing up (though knowing in retrospect that I was) I have a hard time deciding what I think about whether you can lose giftedness. I think it is much easier to learn when you are young, however, and we need to make a concentrated effort to get to kids when they are young, before 3rd grade when most gifted programs start.

OK, i'm babbling. Off to take nap...