I agree with Grinity and Kriston. Use it or lose it has been a common attitude about early testing. There have been numerous studies that show kids that score gifted early on can move more to the middle by 7th grade. And others who move into the gifted category.

Also, the studies that showed in the inner city of Los Angeles, that IQs could be raised by 10 points with one year of music lessons on a string instrument or piano.

I don't think anyone is going to suggest you can move an average scoring child into the prodigy range. But I do not think you can take a PG kid and move him into the prodigy range by training.

A prodigy is something very unusual.

I posted a while ago that I was doing the Brain Quest kindergarten while we were in the car. DD had to look for B words. There were 8 items. She said bullrushes. Then she said there were 2 groups of bullrushes, so it should count for 2. Bullrushes were not even in the list, no surprise. Yesterday in the bath, I was the yellow turtle and I got caught in the bullrushes, (a pile of bubbles) and she asked me what bullrushes were.

I thought about how many times weird answers would kick into her head, like math at 2 or sight read. But there is the other side of her brain that has to work at reading or math. And it like one innate side has these magical answers but if she doesn't learn the rules to reading or math, she could lose it. Maybe I am wrong.

She has a strong cognitive reasoning but I could see her losing some skills without the work. I know gen ed wouldn't work for her.

Ren