Originally Posted by LMom
How is everything? How is it going without the babysitter? Still ready to send DS4 to K or are you hesitating a little bit. I overheard DS4 telling DS6 that once he is 5 he will be homeschooled as well wink

I missed this, LMom. Sorry--I didn't mean to ignore you. frown

Things are good. I could have used a babysitter this week, but that's just because I was single parenting while DH was at a training. frown It's a temporary thing though. When he's been around to give me some backup, it has been fine to go without a sitter. The boys and I are all used to the routine now, and they play by themselves enough that I do okay. Plus I feel more relaxed about what we're doing, so I suspect I'm not wound quite as tightly as I was last year. That helps a lot.

Yes, we still plan to send DS4 to K next year. He adores his pre-K, which is apparently more academic this year than it was last year. (I didn't know that when I signed him up.) But he doesn't know how to read yet, so it seems to be hitting him where he is, so that's okay. I think K will be much the same.

Plus I want him tested on the public school's dime. smile

I suspect math might be where he's going to have trouble fitting in at public school. (Supporting evidence: He just interrupted my typing to ask me "What's 4 x 4 + 4?" So yeah, mathy!) But if he gets the same teacher DS7 had for K, then I know he'll be fine. She was good!

Finally, I'm still not sure how well I would do as DS4's teacher. His personality is a lot more challenging for me. I don't think it would be easy on either of us. Plus his being an extrovert who needs a lot of people around means that school might really be a better fit in his case.

You know me--I'm going to go with the flow! smile We'll see how K goes before we make any decisions about 1st grade. DS4 is a very different kid from DS7. I definitely cannot assume that what worked (or didn't work) for one is going to work (or not work) for the other!

Anyway, thanks for asking. smile

So are you going to HS DS4, too, LMom? Have you made that decision?

Kriston