SPG, you'd be surprised how much comes back to you. Honest!

I never considered myself very mathy either, and there will definitely come a time in the not-so-distant future when we either have to use a packaged math curriculum all the time, DH the engineer will have to take over teaching math, or DS7 will have to go back to some sort of school. But for now, it's actually kind of fun to wind our way through math as we like. I use Internet sites as guidance and worksheets, workbooks or computer games with him as they make sense. But as long as he's learning and enjoying it, I figure we're doing okay.

To tell you the truth, I'm probably *really learning* some of the concepts--not just the heuristics for getting an answer--for the first time, even though I got nearly all As in math all through school. It's not until you have to teach someone that you really understand something!

I do try to keep an eye on resources so that I don't teach him anything that's just plain wrong. If something comes up that I'm not sure about, I tell him so and we look it up. (There's value in seeing how to do that, too, I think.) But I don't cram. <shrug> It works so far. He's progressing, he's happy, and he's excited about learning, so we keep going!

Kriston