Originally Posted by ienjoysoup
So i am happy to report that he is happy and comfortable..... now I just have to get them to live up to the plan we all laid out. he he heh..... it never ends

Hi...I am new to this forum so am late chiming in on this topic. I am so glad to hear that your son has adjusted to his situation. I just wanted to share that my DD10 is in a similar situation. She is in 5th grade but tests at 8th grade level in math. The school did nothing for her last year and I raised a holy ruckusover that. For thisschool year the best option we could come up with was to accelerate her. She has been attending a 6th grade advanced math class at the middle school next door. She was very apprehensive and really didn't want to go....read dramatic tears, pouting, complaining, etc. She is definately at the age where she doesn't want to be different. She finally agreed to try it and for the first few weeks she tried to convince me...on a daily basis....that she didn't belong in the middle school class. Now, about six weeks into the school year, she is doing really well. She could probably handle even more challenge academically but not emotionally or maturity wise. As it turns out, her classmates think it is cool and she has been completely accepted by the older kids.