Shana
Originally Posted by Shana
I always thought that I wanted my child to be gifted. I was not. I just never would have thought all these other little things would happen.

Before we had our son when we talked about having a child, we discussed what the issues would be. We waited a long time because I was scared that I would have a child with dysgraphia like me. I remember how hard it was in school and really feared this. So we waited and then finally decided that it was worth the risk. When he came out super smart like my dad..... it sort of threw me for a loop. I had prepared myself of a different sort of kid. When he was little and first started showing signs of giftedness, I had no frame of reference other then my brothers and sisters- and they weren't talking....lol

When DS7 gets something wrong, usually we just brush it off, and he has learned to do that too. We have explained to him, nobody is perfect. Because of my dysgraphia, I have a wealth of experience with that....;)
This line is often said in our house,"OMG! I (you, we) got something wrong! Are we going to spiral toward the sun? Is it the end of time?"

It's funny how we all do this, plan and think things will be one way and then, there not. And we have to "raise to the occasion" (my mother would say this to me all the time.)