Cathy � thanks for the touchpoints info. Oddly enough this is a little like the solution I came up with recently. We made index cards with dots representing the few +/- equations that just never stuck and another set of cards with dot grids for multiplication facts that he didn�t know quickly. Then he used the visualization technique I found for spelling words. He had his all of the missing facts down cold in less than 2 weeks with about 15 minutes a day of practice. He simply needed a picture to tie to the fact.

Part of my frustration with the school right now is that I had to spend hours looking into learning styles to help him find a way to get the material memorized. He hates flash cards, probably because he hates speed drills. But cards with a grid of dots made complete sense to him. I fully agree some material just needs to be memorized, but surely the school should be aware that massive repetition is not the only valid memorization technique. When we talked about memory, I asked him how the school said he was supposed to learn the facts. He said, �You just do it a lot until you remember them.� I asked if that works and he said, �No, I just get bored. The pictures are cool though because they work.�

Willagayle � thanks for the book info. My local library has it and I�m going to pick it up this week. The tester mentioned auditory issues because of the higher perceptual and analytical, and also because the digit span was so different from the number � letter sequencing and arithmetic areas in the WISC. He also mentioned that DS7 finished some block design questions outside of the time limit and became anxious and quit answering items because of the time limit. DS7 also missed easy items and then answered much more difficult items correctly on a couple subtest, so the tester thinks some of the scores underestimate his abilities. As I understand the exam, they stop after the child answers a certain number of items incorrectly within a time limit. The tester was aware that the time limitations impacted the tests, but never mentioned an untimed option.