I've previously posted about Miss 7 who is going through an extended period of not trying. It's a classic case of underachievement, but I'm feeling confident that the school and my husband (who is also an underachiever from way back) will negotiate a strategy to try out for the rest of the year (term 4). I'm not sure it is the "right" strategy, but I'm pleased to be trying something different. I'm also going to homeschool both girls 1 day per week.

But what about Miss 4 who doesn't present as gifted, and certainly doesn't "show" her giftedness in the classroom? We've spoken to the principal about accelerating next year. We have the option of a pre-primary/year 1 class, and possibly even the option of a grade 1-2-3 class (depending on the class size). Her test results (SB-5) are high, but I'm not sure if a skip into 1-2-3 will be too much for her. Her reading level, on the Woodcock Reading Mastery Test, was 7 years and 3 months and her passage comprehension was 8 years and 10 months. She was 4 years 2 months when she was tested. But I just don't see much evidence of that at school or at home (?)

Do I just have to have faith that if she's in the right learning environment, she will grow wings and fly?

jojo