that's the hard part, knowing when to write that letter and just hard firm and legal to be when writing.

the para starts day one of 07-08 school year, because s/he has to be trained specifically for Mite's needs and they begin training the first week of August. I felt that was reasonable. i don't want them just plunking some part-time mom who wants to work at the school so she can see her kids throughout the day. Mite's needs are very intense and subtle at the same time. Scribing is very difficult and needs special training, too. So, I'm willing to allow them the time for that.

the OT/PT will also begin with the school year. I would have liked to see that now, but am willing to give a bit.

The Neo will start as soon as they get it. it has been ordered apparently. It will also be sent home this summer for us to continue his practice.

The keyboarding opportunities start now, but the 15 minutes a day start with the next school year. We are fine with that, too. He's not going to learn much in 25 days of school plus with the traveling in June, he'll regress. The choir is taking a keyboard with him on the bus for him to practice!!!! That's amazing.

So, we compromised on timing, but the gains -- esp. the 1:1 aide, were just far too tremendous to feel like we lost anything.

Willa Gayle