What was the basis of ineligibility for an IEP? When you brought the assessments to the school, what did they do? Did they waive their own assessment and accept the info given? Did they choose to do their own assessment? I'm asking these questions because I believe it will help the next folks that come along to provide answers.

But I will stab at the second question a little. My child's 504 a long time ago was for anxiety, yet he had dysgraphia and disorder of written expression. The school could not recognize any "dys" and the DWE was not "impacting education". So he got a 504 for typing under anxiety. Just before the end of high school, our state mandated corrections and one of those was that the disability had to fit the accommodations. I don't know if your state maybe is still where my state was, but senior year, my child got to have dysgraphia as his disability. And the district had mandatory training on recognizing the "dys"-- dysgraphia, dyslexia, dyscalculia (as well as some other mandated corrections)