Hi all. Just thought I would post an update. I appreciate all the above advice. Eagle Mum -your thoughts were very helpful and encouraged me to do the classes over the summer and worry about the school later. I figured if they didn't accept the course, then maybe they would let her test out or we could figure something out.

We signed up for CTY but then it wanted us to wait 2 weeks and was so expensive for 2 classes especially so we ended up doing Thinkwell Math which was very inexpensive and seemed reasonable. She did the full 7th and 8th grade courses they offered easily over the summer. The week before school we submitted her transcript from the courses and the course curriculums to her counselor who got it approved by the principal and switched her to algebra. No drama at all about the "skip". Its been a few weeks now in algebra and so far it is easy and she is doing well. There are a few other 7th graders in the class as well so she doesn't stand out. It couldn't have gone smoother. Thanks everyone. Hopeful for a better year in math, finally.