Originally Posted by Eagle Mum
devious provocation
What an excellent phrase, I have witnessed this phenomenon in play many times and have never been able to describe it so eloquently.

How interesting that a teacher who engages children in this negative manner would then play the victim and accuse parents of ‘bullying’ her.

I nominated one of my son’s teachers for a prestigious external award and she received some well deserved recognition)
We have done a similar successful award nomination, and were pleased to see a particular teacher acknowledged. In response the local public school system created its own internal nomination process and award of the same name, obfuscating and diluting the perceived value of the external award.

I’ve found it much more effective to work with my children than to try to actively influence the dynamics at school.
FWIW, I’ve found that the best approach is to let my kids drive the agenda and just throw appropriate resources & support behind their campaigns.
Sage advice!

coveln, if you may feed a need to advocate for your child, this roundup may be of interest: http://giftedissues.davidsongifted....y_Advocacy_as_a_Non_Newt.html#Post183916