Originally Posted by indigo
For example, elite colleges/universities blacklisting private high schools who do not present a sufficiently diverse number of potential applicants.

In actuality, or for appearances, elite employers could similarly blacklist colleges/universities who do not present a sufficiently diverse alumni pool.

I don't think they look at it that way because they don't get all their choices from one school. They may expect to get top STEM students from Chicago Science and Math high school, and a certain type of student from Dalton. What the Stanford admission person said to my friend is that they know students they get from DD's school will be prepared for the rigor of Stanford.

How many employers go to campus recruiting now? I know that getting a job through online applications is very tough. It would be very nice to have networking options.

This thread has diverged in so many ways. And if you look at the Instagram account and the issues on how this thread was started, it was about white privilege. Then we started talking about optimal teaching -- which then moved to its own thread. The problem with this whole issue is that many of the opinions are based in political views. And why we really cannot discuss it without getting censored. Those instagram account postings sound like Candace Owens to me.