Well, aeh, I wish I knew which school had your dream team teaching staff. DD's school is a private academic but historically great benefits and pays well. And because it is an HG school, teachers gravitate to it. And there are good and there are bad. And they invest in staff development. They have strong working relationship (offices in the same building) with the Ontario Institute of Studies in Education. So all the things available to optimize teaching staff. Some can only be optimized so much. It would be wonderful if you staff a whole school with your requirements, but alas, mostly you get a mixed bag.

Covid hybrid has really brought more differences. Some are absolutely amazing, organized with the online and in class synchronous challenges and some not so much. But because of the type of students in the school, they are supplementing with online Khan courses etc, on their own initiative.

I found peer group to be the big advantage in DD's school and the curriculum. A friend, whose daughter got in Stanford two years ago, told me that the admission officer came up to them at the welcome party and said that they like kids from the school because they know they are prepared for what they will find at Stanford. And the school admits about 3 each year from a class of 115.

In a perfect school, we would have a perfect staff. Challenging curriculum and all the extracurriculars to feed interests. This year, extracurriculars were trimmed almost to non-existence. And now societal pressures to even the playing field. In so many ways, the private school experience was not what people were expecting this past year.

Last edited by Wren; 03/13/21 02:18 PM.