Thank you so much, aeh! I was hoping you would weigh in. So, perhaps I will have him do the KTEA-3 brief and ask that they include the writing fluency subtest. Is the KTEA-3 writing fluency test a measure of actual physical handwriting, literally (like the PAL-II)? His problem is he can simply not hand-write. He is apparently quite a good writer in terms of expression, i.e., he has won several awards in writing - mostly creative but also narrative and essay. As long as he is writing with AT, i.e., typing, iPad, etc., he is a strong writer. But physically writing letters and numbers with his hands is a problem. He still even writes some letters and numbers backwards and he is 13. His other problem is low processing speed - he needs extra time, he just processes things like directions slowly, he has weak executive functioning so he is slow with hat sort of stuff. He is also slow on assessments and usually requires extra time on assessments. And I used to think that was more due to dyspraxia and dysgraphia but now we wounder if it's ADD.

Are there any other measures, you think would be a good idea for me to request he tak in the re-eval given this info? I would rather him not lose his IEP but he is actually doing very well as long as he has extra time, reduced problems/work sometimes in some classes, and AT for writing. And while he also has always had very strong reading skills, he much prefers and does even better when he listens to books. So, I still wonder about stealth dyslexia. Anyway, thanks so much again.

Last edited by Irena; 06/05/19 05:42 PM.