Ha - so familiar. DD will probably end with five 100%, two 99% and a 98% in 9th grade.

She also got 50/50 on a History test today and told me "I don't know how - I had no clue and just made something up for the very first question".

One of this year's classes was an AP class. She took the two hour exam last week - "I was done in an hour and just sketched for the rest of the time. Math 2 Subject Test last weekend, where 5 or 6 wrong is still 800 - "I might have missed one".

I keep telling her that it won't always be this easy, and I do worry about her ability to adjust when it does become hard. Fortunately, her older sister managed to adjust for college freshman engineering, and told her the stories, so she might know what's coming.

We also have extracurriculars - she's in a math club that had 12 AIME qualifiers this year, taught by college grad students, so she knows what not knowing all the answers is like. It motivates her to learn, though this is her favorite subject - hopefully it carries over.

fwiw, three of her 100% are actually higher - many tests have one or two bonus points, and there are also extra activities/assignments that can get bonus points for he grading period. She's a cumulative 230/225 in Pre-calc, before the quarter review bonus next week.