Every year we hear that school will be more challenging. Grade acceleration didn't seem to offer more difficulty in grade school. Middle school? Nah. We moved to a school that families claimed was so hard and did offer an advanced math track- I was a bit worried. 9th grade is almost at an end, and I have seen loads of homework but not much brain work needed. DD somehow does all her homework during school (where is she doing this??? During lectures?). Older DD gets the same grades but spends a lot of time studying and writing ("perfectionista").

The other day DD took a major history test. She claimed she had no idea how she did. Today I get online and see she received a 102 out of 100. I tell DD what she got, and she says, "Really? I thought I did really badly. I just bs'd my way through the test. I didn't even study". I wanted to bang my head against the wall. Some parents would be so happy (and I am), but I'm wondering if next year in AP's she will have to try harder? Honestly, DD is buckling down and taking school seriously, but she needs to get some practice in studying.