Thanks for the response! I was hoping you would. smile

It makes sense that the weaknesses are for the most part related to visual-motor speed or his inability to quickly copy something from one place to another. It also is possible that something happened during the matrix reasoning test. The report says," ... performed in the below average range (9th percentile) on a task where he needed to view pictures; to figure out what was missing in pictures; and then had to complete them with visual patterns. On this subtest there is a discontinue rule which states that administration stops when the subject gets 3 consecutive items incorrect. His last item was 15 out of a total of 32 items. The examiner decided to present him with more items to see if he could get some correct. Of the additional 18 items administered, he was able to complete 5 successfully. This task was challenging for him and he told the examiner, "I don't know what this is" for one of the items."

Looking at it now, there were a couple of times during the test where he was in tears and had to take a break and compose himself. His dad and I are wondering if what he was saying is that he didn't understand what he was supposed to be doing in a general way. He is a perfectionist with low tolerance for frustration so if he was struggling he would stop. That being said, I would also say cognitive flexibility is not part of his makeup if I understand correctly what that means. He is very rule driven and not a particularly abstract thinker when it comes to problem solving. He also is slow at problem solving but, when given adequate time, is almost always accurate.

Last edited by KT1972; 04/30/19 12:08 PM.