Hello all-

I was on a couple of years ago with questions while our son was undergoing testing and before we had results. He has since been identified as (stealth) dyslexic with dysgraphia and an auditory processing disorder. Through all of the testing and the last couple of years trying to figure out the best school for him (turns out we are homeschooling through a public charter and he is happy again) I have always wondered why he scored the way he did on the WISC V. Specifically, his scores were:

Verbal Comprehension: 133
Visual Spatial: 119
Fluid Reasoning: 100
Working memory: 91
Processing speed: 116

What i find confusing (still) is that within these categories (except verbal which was consistently high and working memory which was consistently low) why he scored high on one subtest and low in the other. For example, in visual spatial he scored 95% on visual puzzles but 75% on block design. In fluid reasoning he scored 9% on matrix reasoning and 91% on figure weights. In processing speed he scored 95% on symbol search but 63% on coding. I guess what I have never been able to figure out is what these subtests are testing and why does he do so well on one and not the other? Is is because one required writing and another didn't? Or one requires more working memory than the other? Now that I've been working with him on schoolwork for this year, I can see how working memory and processing speed affects his output but I still don't understand the rest. Any input would be greatly appreciated!