This reminds me a bit of old threads discussing Where You Go is Not Who You'll Be (March 2015) and It's the Student, Not the College (June 2015).

While I agree with the overall premise, one must read this mindfully:
... six key college experiences that correlated with how fulfilled employees feel at work and whether they thrive in life after college...
Correlation does not imply causation. In the case at hand, I would suggest that there are underlying personal skills such as resiliency and positive attitude which led to both:
- ferreting out and/or creating the 6 college experiences listed
- greater satisfaction after graduation.

Info at this link concerns me:
Originally Posted by Gallup-Purdue Index
...changing the student experience with greater focus on faculty-student interaction, increased internships, on-the-job training and experiential learning, and creative use of technology.
Here's why this is concerning: An institution serving up these experiences, is, in my opinion, a bit like giving students an elevator ride to the top floor after it has been learned that those who daily walk the stairs to the top floor enjoy certain health benefits.

Only if the student is exerting the effort, making the sacrifices, and achieving internal locus of control, will s/he gain the lasting benefits.

No one else can get your exercise for you.
No one else can exercise your Do-It-Yourself (DIY) skills for you.

I see a similarity between this trend toward re-allocation of roles & responsibilities, and grading practices under which:
- students may fail to develop "internal locus of control" (but instead take a passive role in their education)
- rather than the onus being on the student for his/her learning, students do not take responsibility for their learning
- the traditional teaching/learning partnership between educator and pupil is replaced with a model in which the responsibility for "learning" is transferred from pupil to teacher. The teacher is held accountable for both teaching and learning.

Therefore my advice for college students might include something like reading Great Failures of the Extremely Successful, and contemplating the potential benefits of a "growth" mindset... in developing resiliency, positive attitude, and internal locus of control.