Originally Posted by indigo
I hope these are the ideas from philly103's post that you wish to further disseminate, mecreature:
Originally Posted by philly103
1) creating a broader range of classes for students to reflect the broad range of abilities
2) the importance of acceleration
3) A school should have better class groupings so that advanced kids can take classes with similar level peers.
4) The problem is... insufficient range of choices for different skill level students.
5) 5th grade... Those students should be allowed to attend the 7th grade math
6) The students capable of more should move on to classrooms delivering more
7) When the student has mastered the curriculum the student should move to a different classroom.
8) When the student has finished the curriculum, the student should change to a new curriculum.
9) I expect the school to find a way to accommodate my kid... You find a way to accommodate the outlier.
numbers added, to count the excerpts

While I found your list of extracts to be interesting, especially in how it illustrates how different people can read the same post and take different things from it, I would also encourage people watching this thread to read and reflect on philly103's whole insightful post, rather than to rely on a "Cliffs Notes" version. Thank you for taking the time to share it with us, philly103, without worrying about whether it precisely fit within the bounds of the thread title.