As always, aeh, you are an amazing guide to the weird world of our brains and behaviour. Thank you for always making so much time for us!

And yes, of course you are right smile , her fluid reasoning was dead average (50th MR, 63rd PC). I've often wondered what a more nuanced range of VS measures would show - I assume that BD notwithstanding, *something* would reflect her tendency to get lost on the way to the bathroom. I'm guessing it would take more than the second measure on the new WISC, though? She's always felt rather NVLD-ish, dyslexia notwithstanding.

And yes, meaningful context matters a ton for her memory. We have a good range of memory measures, and they go up dramatically when there's story vs. meaningless data to remember (clearly seen in real life too - her recall of which monster is coming up and who kills it, exactly how, in every single chapter of Rick Riordan is quite astounding).

The way humans mix and merge our cognitive strengths and weaknesses really is extraordinary to contemplate. For much of my family, writing is a barrier to thinking. For me, it is necessary to write *in order to think* - sometimes I suspect my brain is located in my fingertips, because I don't know what it's doing until I see it my conclusions come out on screen/ paper. And mom says I came out of the womb with a book already in hand. And yet, I can't even picture the classic green triangle in my head, let alone contemplate rotating it! The things my family can do in their heads leave me awed.