Platypus, the connection between VS and writing is mainly in mechanics, and the downstream effects of mechanics on fluency. Some individuals with VS weaknesses struggle with the visual-symbolic aspects of written language (which may affect reading as well as writing). In many, they present early on as dyslexic, but once they attain fluent reading, their language relative strengths come to the fore, and they may even become above average readers (as academic reading switches from learning-to-read to reading-to-learn, it becomes a language task, with less of a spatial component). But writing has more complex visual spatial demands than reading does, which can cause writing problems to linger even after access to text is not a concern. In an individual with language strengths, the long-term writing deficits will eventually (for most adults) be resolved by assistive technology (aka, normal wordprocessing supports), which reduces the barriers to functional handwriting, spelling, and punctuation to negligible, in all but the most severe cases.

For your DD, she may have a profile I have seen a few times, which combines visual spatial strengths with quantitative reasoning weaknesses. Most of the time, VS and QR group more together than not (which is why the old Wechslers had the Perceptual Reasoning Index/Perceptual Organization Index/Performance IQ grouping, which lumped VS, Fluid Reasoning, and sometimes QR together), but sometimes they don't (hence the revised Wechslers, which separate VS from FR, and offer an optional QR). I had a student not long ago whose VS scored above the 99.9th %ile (the highest score I have ever seen on the VSI in an examinee), but had totally average fluid and quantitative reasoning. Actually, this student has some other similarities to your DD--also dyslexic and dysgraphic, with mild ADHD, however, they've had more success with math development--though they don't always display those skills effectively in class. I would suggest that your DD may benefit from continuing to use visual math strategies, in addition to the success she's had with JumpMath, to begin making some connections between her visual strengths and her math vulnerabilities. Preferably through fun, discovery activities. There are some nice apps and games curated here by youcubed, including resources that relate to algebra: https://www.youcubed.org/resource/apps-games/

It sounds like your DD, based on the combination of high BD, picturing rich scenes, but not mental (or, apparently, navigational) 3D manipulation, may work better with meaningful or contextualized visual materials than with abstract visual. (Do you recall, by any chance, how she did on matrix reasoning?) It may be that she would do better combining some kind of narrative or storyline with the visual (a mental or literal video, in other words). Have you tried Times Tales for math facts?

And I have to admit that I'm not strong with directions, either. One of my entertainments (pre GPS!) used to be trying to give verbal directions to my highly VS friend over the phone. Or attempting to make heads or tales of a quick sketch of directions somewhere provided to me by the same friend. (Even better was trying to convey directions verbally to the same friend based on a napkin sketch left by my even more VS SO. A verbal person trying to interpret and translate visual directions into words so that a visual person could translate them back into visuals.) Also, I have trouble following directions backwards (the road looks different from the other direction). I find that I do best with directions when I tag them to meaningful landmarks--not just objects or images, but places that have a story attached to them. Though it makes me a terrible giver of directions. (Since you weren't there that time there was a fender bender at that intersection, nor do you remember the tree with the odd branch shaped like a backwards "L", with a big hornet's nest attached to it--which has since fallen down in a windstorm.)

All the best to you and your family as well!

...pronounced like the long vowel and first letter of the alphabet...