No worries, aeh. All of my posts must be approved by moderators so it takes a few days for what I've written to show up on the forum.

Originally Posted by aeh
In your case, I suspect that some of your struggles in college reading were related to a) slow reading speed (of whatever cause), and b) the gap between your concrete and abstract verbal abilities, which means that you are much better at soaking up facts than at generating interpretations. This might look like feeling as if you understood what you read, but then struggling to explain, integrate, and extend meaning from literature selections.

I feel like this is something that I have experienced but I was never able to articulate it. Thank you so much for your suggestions. I will review the information about active reading strategies. I feel more optimistic about returning to school.

Do you think further testing (e.g. in the area of reading) is warranted or unnecessary? I would probably qualify for college disability services with just this report for the ADHD evaluation.