I was tested by a psychologist four years ago as part of an evaluation for ADHD. I know that the vocabulary and information subtests of the WAIS-IV are high, but everything else is significantly lower. Is this an unusual profile? Does it suggest ADHD or a possible learning disability? Is there anything specific I should bring up with my therapist? The psychologist also gave me some attention/working memory subtests from the WJ-III and the Brown ADD scales. I can post those scores as well if it would be helpful. Here are the results from two of the assessments:

WAIS-IV
Verbal Comprehension: 141
Perceptual Reasoning: 123
Working Memory: 114
Processing Speed: 114
Full Scale IQ: 130
General Ability Index: 136

Similarities: 13
Vocabulary: 19
Information: 18
Block Design: 12
Matrix Reasoning: 16
Visual Puzzles: 14
Digit Span: 12
Arithmetic: 13
Symbol Search: 12
Coding: 13

Nelson-Denny Reading Test:
Comprehension: 101
Reading Rate: 77

I was diagnosed with depression and social anxiety in high school. Even though the psychologist who evaluated me diagnosed me with ADHD, I�ve had other mental health professionals dismiss the diagnosis. Two different therapists have looked at the report and said they�re �not convinced� that I have ADHD.

I am thinking about going back to university and I�m wondering if my scores explain some of the struggles I�ve had in school. It�s hard to tell because my therapists tend to attribute all of my problems to mental health issues. I was a good student until I started taking college level courses in high school. I had trouble managing my time, staying organized, meeting deadlines, and sustaining attention long enough to read a textbook and take notes. I would go to the library to try to read my textbooks and end up falling asleep. I didn�t understand the material in my math classes at all so I could not take calculus despite passing all of the prerequisites.

In university I always felt like I had to work harder than my peers. It took me significantly more time to complete the assignment compared to the other students. It takes me a long time to answer questions. I also feel like despite passing most of my classes I didn�t understand the material. I could give the correct answer on the test but I really didn�t understand it and how it all fit together. At my current job I feel completely lost and I feel like I�m performing badly because I am missing foundational knowledge. I�m afraid that if I go back to school I won�t pass the classes because I won�t be able to understand or retain the material.