I know that this may seem like a rehash of another thread on the forum, but that thread is 3 years old now, so I made this one as a continuation of the aforementioned thread. I became interested in IQ about 2 years ago, so I tried to find something in my elementary school files other than report cards that would show I took some test. It turns out that I did take a group screener (CogAT), but my scores were below the requirements. Interestingly, I have heard many people to report that our school's gifted program did not help at all; however, most of the folks who went through that program tend to make excellent grades, a stereotype that is commonly referred to as "antithetical" for a gifted child (here, a gifted child commonly gets bad grades due to not doing the work, but scores high on tests). Meanwhile, one of my friends (clearly gifted, but possibly did not qualify with CogAT) kept receiving OK grades (mainly due to homework), but scored a 710 on the English portion of the PSAT and a 560 on the math portion (this score truncated by forgetting that there was a backside of the page with 8 more problems) in the 9th grade, totaling a 1270; clearly a score that indicates HG+ (I may be wrong, though), and in my opinion seemed opposite to what I had expected (I'd expected that since I got better grades than my friend, I'd get the higher PSAT score; this was before I knew anything about giftedness). I apologize if this took a large tangent, but my question is to the parents: Have you done childhood IQ testing (individual, screener, achievement test)? What was your PSAT score later on (middle school if taken for talent program, or high school if not)? How did testing (and gifted classes, if you qualified) affect your K-12 education?