Originally Posted by aeh
Did the examiner attempt testing of limits, say by having him orally elaborate his essay after the fact? Were there measures of oral expressive language administered? If so, how do they compare with his written expression?

No, there was no testing of limits. Also, despite the school advocating hard for him to receive whatever accommodations could be provided like lifted time limits, because they've seen the necessity of those at school, this was a standard administration. Being timed, even though the examiner tried to do it secretly, really stressed my son out. The tester did say that Block Design (which he got a 15 on) was likely lower than it would have been if it hadn't been the first test administered when the anxiety was super high (my son was hiding under a table 5 min prior to starting), and that they went back to that subtest afterward just to see, and DS was able to solve more puzzles and get further with a bit more time given.

It's hard because I know my son is a careful and deliberate thinker who is stressed by anything timed, but at the same time, I know that it's apparently really frowned upon to test the limits / do non-standard administration on the IQ test, because if given *enough* time, most people could likely get much further on the test items and therefore get artificially higher scores.

Also, there were no measures of oral expressive language given, to my knowledge.

Last edited by League; 12/21/18 06:01 PM.