And again, your school eval did not include measures of phonetic decoding or its underlying skills, which means that the decent word calling scores may represent memorized sight words, rather than actual reading decoding skills. I would have preferred to see at least some subtests from the WJIV auditory processing, phonetic coding, or phoneme-grapheme knowledge clusters.

Definitely, I agree that, if you do not end up with school-based services, or it takes a really long time to get there, do pursue home-based OG remediation. I also used All About Learning's products (AAR was not yet published at the time, so we attacked it from the spelling side, with all seven levels of AAS), and highly recommend them. My DC went from avoiding and resisting all reading and writing activities to at least tolerating them, and occasionally enjoying high-interest ones, to placing into honors English (still doesn't love it, but at least it's no longer an obstacle). AAR/AAS are very easy for a parent to use, and also more affordable than Barton or Wilson tutoring by a certified provider (which is the only way to go for Wilson). You can also individualize pacing, by zipping through lessons that are already mastered or acquired quickly, and slowing down as much as needed for trickier skills. AAR has a reasonable amount of fluency practice built into it, but if that turns out not to be enough, I would look at HELPS (http://www.helpsprogram.org/), which is an evidence-based intervention specifically for reading fluency in learners who know how to decode phonetically, but not automatically. It's also free to very low-cost (free download, or low cost printed).

...pronounced like the long vowel and first letter of the alphabet...