You describe a pretty familiar-sounding child. My DD (now 11) is dyslexic, dysgraphic, and mildly inattentive-ADHD, diagnosed when 7.

I will try not to dwell on the "dyslexia isn't LD" bit, though rude words are still coming out of me. Loudly. Suffice to say, as others noted above, they don't get to decide to remove dyslexia from the DSM, however much they'd like to.

What I wanted to add to the good advice above was just to re-iterate the incredible importance of reading (and spelling) remediation, and ASAP. While it's not always as purely miraculous as it was for us, it still makes a huge, huge difference. I just can't say strongly enough, get evidence-based remediation as soon as you can, any way you can, no matter what stalling tactics your school uses.

We ended up starting All About Reading (https://www.allaboutlearningpress.com/all-about-reading/) at home as a temporary emergency stop-gap when DD was diagnosed and the school didn't even want to meet with us to discuss her psych report for a month and a half. She was an anxiety-ridden mess and completely falling apart at school, as she had suddenly "hit the wall" in early grade 3. She could fake it for so long, and then suddenly, she couldn't. (Like yours, in Kindergarten I would have said she was way ahead of the pack in pre-reading and writing skills, but in the years after, the rest all moved on, and she didn't.)

Ultimately, we ended up continuing with All About Reading because there were no other good options for us (school said "not our problem"; private dyslexia tutors scarce and incompatible, not available daily, and never mind the price). And in the meantime, AAR was working, before our very eyes, extraordinarily well. The biggest impact was on her anxiety, when we stopped asking her to do things she couldn't, and asked only for reading that she had actually been explicitly taught to do. (I pretty much tossed all her homework, scribed everything that was unavoidable or actually useful, and simply told her teachers there were various things she wasn't going to do for a while, until she'd been explicitly taught how to do them. They didn't entirely like it, but at least in grade 3, I could get away with that, and her own teacher was supportive (albeit clueless), even if the school was not.)

At home, after-school remediation with an exhausted, introverted kid with LDs and anxiety that just wanted to collapse and be left alone in peace and quiet - - - well, it was pretty brutal. But it was also amazing and life changing.

So that's my soap-box. Get remediation. Proper, evidence-based dyslexia remediation (there are lots of perfectly good kinds out there - Barton, Wilson, etc; anything that is based on Orton-Gillingham is fine, but a generic "tutor" is not). Don't let anyone convince you to wait and see. Waiting is not benign, it's actively destructive at this age, and makes remediation (never mind the anxiety) so much harder to help later. And for bonus, whether she is ever formally diagnosed as dyslexic or "merely weak in coding", it actually doesn't matter, the solution is the same either way, and an explicit, phonological-based reading program will only help.