My 6 yo son was just diagnosed with both, and we had no idea that there was even an issue before he entered Kindergarten and we started having conferences with the teacher. He has always been an exuberant, curious child who seemed wiser than his years, but we just assumed he had "quirks" and was just not interested in things that other kids his age were.

He has had a Neuropsych evaluation; I do not have the report yet (just came from the appointment and the Dr will be emailing it once she finalizes) so I do not have scores yet. I was told that he is bright and in general his scores were in the above average range.

Prior to the Neuropsych eval he was dx with ADHD by his pediatrician, about 2 months ago. An IEP meeting with his school was fruitless as he is not "struggling academically"; he scored in the 99th percentile in the STAR early literacy exams he has taken. They have made accomodations in a 504 plan which seem to be insufficient for him, as he still relays his frustrations with schoolwork, and now in his relations with peers as well (he has been called weird, among other things) and as this is a school district that is Title 1 so I'm not even sure that there are the resources to manage a child who is gifted AND has ASD as well as ADHD.

Is there anyone here with a dual-diagnosed (thrice exceptional?) child? What kind of treatment has worked for them? What school situation works best? Our Neuropsych recommended a non-stimulant med in conjunction with ABA and social skills therapy in addition to the occupational therapy he is already doing.