Hi again aeh! I had my daugher tested through the schools. Her father and grandmother are dyslexic and I think my oldest son is too. Anyway, I showed the psychologist my daughter's scores on the WISC (done through the school) and asked her to help me interpret them because the school wouldn't say anything except my daugher didn't qualify for special services. One of my teacher friends told me they can't say anything or they may be held accountable legally to provide services. Anyway her Crystallized Intelligence was 127 but her Rapid Symbolic naming was only a 90.

I was hoping the psychologist could give me insight on why there seemed to be a huge gap between her verbal intelligence and her ability to name letters and read. She also took the Woodcock Johnson and her reading fluency is 92. I asked the psychologist what this might mean and told her that my husband and his mom were dyslexic and she told me that I didn't need to worry because dyslexia wasn't genetic. My third son--the one who tested into the gifted program--doesn't seem to have signs of dyslexia but my first son does. He was still reading 4 grade levels higher than his grade.

Anyway, my older children are happy at school so I guess it doesn't matter although I am curious about them. However, my third child has been in so much pain and I'm just trying to fix it:(.

I appreciate your knowledge so much!