I don't have any insider information. It is my personal opinion that CTY will have to make some adjustments to some of their offerings to remain viable in the market. Unlike 10+ years ago, there are now many many alternatives that are arguably "better" based on the price/benefits matrix. My district (major metro area/county) stopped accepting CTY courses for credit or placement some years ago (6+). In the math area, AoPS is miles ahead, a fraction of the cost, and has been infiltrating the elementary market as well. Many community colleges and some universities have stepped up to the plate and have programs in place for high schoolers and even late middle schoolers. For example, CTY recognizes that its summer camps may be too restrictive for the high school set and advises that parents/students contact them to determine whether it would be a good fit before enrolling. I know that we ended up applying for admissions at the local community college for our then 8th graders, who ended up taking summer courses there before 9th grade. It was very cheap and a far more challenging alternative for them plus they earned college credits. While their classmates may not have as high an IQ, they were far more educated/experienced and the executive function and maturity demands were extremely beneficial for their growth. One child had a college professor (in another unrelated field) and a professional writer as fellow classmates in her upper level writing workshop.