Thank you both!

Our DD just received her first issue of their Imagine magazine today and their pre college newsletter.

DD has been having quite a difficult time if it this year because she has become very isolated socially in her tiny rural middle school. This is exquisitely painful to witness as she is a very social person. She has several friends amongst the boys in her grade and even sits with them at lunch times apparently but she is acutely aware of her shunning from the other girls. Were it not for her friends that she made at CTY and one girl who unfortunately left her school she has no female friends in her grade.

At times she displays serious angst over this. A CBT therapist who has been able to reach her in the past is now being shut out. Even I am slowly being frozen out of the picture which is alarming. I am currently the one with whom she has always opened up to but I am not a professional or even close to being a decent amateur at this. I think that I will reach out to the folks in Baltimore to see if they have any local recommendations or ideas. My well in this area is almost dry...

Become what you are