Originally Posted by aquinas
Maybe go in with Dude's line about prepping and say that you appreciate they are trying to minimize cheating. But then ask for clarifications about what the student score breakdown involves (weight of different grades?/behaviour?/Iowa Assessment score?), standardized tests, and the role of teacher judgment while allowing them the latitude to conceal the specific standardized test they use.

It all seems quite strange.

missed this my first go around. it seems strange to me, as well. they were willing to share the rubric and information on the InView and reading assessments. they even went so far as to explain that the qualifying score varies by school. the minute i asked for more information on the Student Performance Criteria, the tone changed and they stopped sharing. and then repeatedly came back with parents don't need access to it. and when i asked why, all they would say is parents don't need access to it. :\ does not "feel" right at all.

Originally Posted by aeh
But yes, on principle I heavily favor transparency in decision making.

yeah... i think i was mistakenly thinking they were for transparency, as well. at least they said they were. smirk we'll see how round 3 goes. smile