Back here reading this post again because it is, oh joy, time for his regular annual IEP update. Which is unrelated to my previous rejected request.

They also rejected the suggestion that he has dysgraphia, and I am unsure where to even start with the dysgraphia. He has an enormously hard time writing, both the physical act and composition. At least at home he struggles with what to write. Hard to tell about what goes on at school, since I have gotten no useful information from them. His teacher was not at the early-January meeting about my re-eval request due to a family emergency.

I'm fretting about applying to our hicap program as well. It is in the form of a 3-grade split class, so already includes a wide range of ages/abilities. They simply take the highest-scoring kids and plop them into the class, with no minimum scores that I know of, only a maxinum number of seats in the class. Last year only 35% of 3rd graders in our school were deemed "proficient" in reading according to the state tests, so I don't know where the bar is for hicap, but it's not a super exclusive program... but will probably manage to suck up DS's most likely peers.

Last edited by Aufilia; 01/31/18 12:15 PM.