A suggestion I've made in similar cases is to work primarily on the segmentation skills. You could also, without a lot of difficulty or expense, use All About Reading/All About Spelling for scripted home-based OG instruction (my inclination would be to use AAS, as I'd be concerned that he knows too many words by sight already, so it would be more challenging to have to force him to apply phonetic decoding skills in exercises--but his spelling is on the low end of grade level, so you can attack the same phonological processing skills from the encoding side). Either way, you might find this little clip on teaching segmentation useful:

https://blog.allaboutlearningpress.com/segmenting-spelling/

And for AAS, 20 minutes per session, in three to five sessions per week, is not an insurmountable time investment.

And if handwriting is an issue, you can do most of the spelling exercises using magnetic letter tiles on the whiteboard, or on the letter tile app:
https://www.allaboutlearningpress.c...=Link%20CTA%20to%20App%20Download%20Page

(And no, not actually a shill for All About Learning, but I have used their products with my own children, and like them as a parent and a professional!)

Oh, and I do agree that nessy can be a good solution for many situations where in-person OG is not on the table.

Whether you try to push this up the decision-making chain or not largely depends on what kind of services are available in the system, and how much the other costs to you and your family are. (Much like GT advocacy.) If he can get quality OG in the school (as in, please, more than 20 minutes of small group two times a week), then it might be worthwhile. Otherwise? Meh.

I will say that, working with secondary students, I've concluded that the time to use quality remediation for (stealth or classical) dyslexia is when they are young. By the time my 2e students reach me, most of them have either amassed such a store of sight vocabulary that they don't experience significant obstacles to accessing complex text (and don't find it cost-effective to go through all the work of OG remediation, just so they can more effectively sound out some low-frequency technical vocabulary), or they've become so discouraged by word-level reading that they aren't motivated to try yet another reading remediation program. Even if you can get them to improve their reading skills, they often continue to find reading aversive. IOW, you want to remediate while he still enjoys reading.

...pronounced like the long vowel and first letter of the alphabet...